Tuesday, January 17, 2012

So blessed!

For the last week or so, I have had so many crazy things to complain about. Honestly, in my opinion, I would almost be justified to skip all of my classes and just lie in bed all day. One thing just keeps happening after another. But, what good would that do anybody? Not much. Now, I wish that I could say that from the beginning I just had an "attitude of gratitude" and that I was just counting my many blessings. But, let's be honest. I'm quite prone to pessimism. While I was in in the bathroom curling my hair, however, something happened that made me realize that I really am so blessed! And it made me realize/remember other things that have happened this week that have shown the same thing. While I was getting ready, just rocking out to Brandon Flowers and being a tad bit of a whiny-pants, the doorbell rang and the post-man dropped a package on my doorstep. And it was totally for me! My adorable Aunt Teruko and Uncle Kenny that live in Hawaii had sent me a little care package loaded with Hawaii paraphernalia ranging from a surfboard key chain to a big box of chocolate-covered macadamia nuts. I couldn't believe how sweet they are!


That's only one of the awesome things that has happened to me in the last week. Even amongst all the garbage. My family surprised me and came up to visit for the weekend, I got to talk to my best friend this morning, I found a big check that I had lost in my wallet, my roommate stayed up late with me when I needed someone to talk to, and a sweet friend sent me flowers. These are just a few of the things that have happened. But honestly, I am so blessed. I should be feeling grateful instead of being so down. 

1 comment:

Matt Woodruff said...

Bronwen you are so amazing!! :) Come visit us someday! :)