Sunday, April 3, 2011

Giving

Giving:
to bestow or impart to another person without an equivalent or reward

"One of the sure signs of a person who has accepted the gift of the Savior's atonement is a willingness to give. The process of cleansing our lives seems to make us more sensitive, more generous, more pleased to share what means so much to us. I suppose that's why the Savior used and example of gift-giving in describing who would finally come home to him: 

'Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungered and ye have me meat: I was thirst, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me... Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me' (Matthew. 25:34-36, 40)"

President Henry B. Eyring


(This is the word from last week)

No comments: