Thursday, December 23, 2010

Just a Little Reminder

So, as Christmas has been getting closer and closer, I've realized that I haven't really been focusing on what it's really about. I actually have that problem every year, getting distracted by the presents and parties. But this year, I haven't really thought about it at all. I've been too distracted with stresses from school and random problems in my life. So, this post is going to be a reminder to myself, and whoever reads it, of what Christmas is really about.

Christmas is a holiday founded to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, our Savior and the Son of God. Everything about Christmas, the tree and its decorations, the presents, the candy canes, even Santa Claus, were all made traditions to remind us of Christ and his birth. As you walk down the street, or even look around your own house, look for the symbols of Christmas, the symbols that were created to help us stay focused on the true purpose of this wonderful holiday. As you sit under your tree and open presents Christmas morning, take some time to reflect on the life of Jesus Christ and the significance of what He did not just for the world as a whole, but for you as an individual.

No comments: